Mozambican President Nyusi addressed the nation on 24 June 2021 indicating new Covid 19 preventative measures in his address.
The government decided to maintain almost all of the measures contained in decree 30/2021 of 26 May for another 30 days with 10 exceptions. Among them is the mandatory curfew, which moves back to 10 pm and now includes Gurue.
The measures announced, comes into effect on Saturday, June 26, at 0h00m.
Here are some of the restrictions which can directly affect travelers:
- Curfew from 10 pm to 4 am.
- Public services, namely document issuance, in public institutions must be subject to previous appointment.
- Restaurants, including take-away and home deliveries, are open from 6 am to 8 pm.
- Bottle stores open from 9 am to 3 pm, close on Sundays.
- Use of theatres, cultural centers or auditoriums is prohibited. Exceptional cases must request authorisation by the Ministry of Justice, Constitutional and Religious Affairs.
- On Sundays, holidays and special holidays, shopping centres are allowed to open from 9 am to 3 pm. On the remaining days, they will be open from 9 am to 6 pm.
- Beaches close for leisure activities
Read the full article here: